Exhuma (Korean: 파묘) is a 2024 South Korean mystery thriller film written and directed by Jang Jae-hyun and starring Choi Min-sik, Kim Go-eun, Yoo Hae-jin and Lee Do-hyun. The film follows exhumation of an ominous grave, which unleashes dreadful consequences buried underneath.
It was selected in the Forum section at the 74th Berlin International Film Festival, where it will have its world premiere on February 16, 2024. One week later on February 22, it will be released in South Korean theaters.
A rich Los Angeles family plagued by supernatural incidents calls for the help of two young and talented shamans, Hwa-rim (Kim Go-eun) and Bong-gil (Lee Do-hyun), to protect their baby. Hwa-rim detects a sinister presence of their forefather haunting the family, known as a ‘Grave’s Calling’.
Hwa-rim enlists the assistance of a geomancer Sang-deok (Choi Min-sik), the best in his field and the undertaker Yeong-geun (Yoo Hae-jin) to dig up the grave and appease the ancestor. However, they are shocked to find the grave in a suspicious place in a rural village in Korea. They proceed with the digging, but this only releases a wicked power buried beneath.
- Choi Min-sik as Kim Sang-deok, geomancer
- Kim Go-eun as Hwa-rim, shaman
- Yoo Hae-jin as Yeong-geun, undertaker
- Lee Do-hyun as Bong-gil, shaman
In June 2021, it was reported that Choi Min-sik will star in director Jang Jae-hyun’s supernatural thriller. Kim Go-eun and Lee Do-hyun joined the cast in August 2022, followed by Yoo Hae-jin, who joined the cast in September 2022.
The film produced by Showbox and Pinetown Production in association with MCMC, is directed by Jang Jae-hyun, who is known for making supernatural films.
Principal photography began in October 2022, and filming ended in March 2023. The director in an interview disclosed that film used a large number of real scenes and real props for filming, and tried not to use studios and avoided using CG effects in post-production. In his own words, “I tried to actually film the background and objects, avoiding CG whenever possible. We took the photos as painstakingly as possible without building a set, and for things like ghost photos, the actual actors wore makeup for 6 hours and then took blurry photos on purpose.”
Exhuma will have its world premiere on February 16, 2024, as part of the 74th Berlin International Film Festival, in Forum.
It will be released theatrically on February 22, 2024, in South Korea by Showbox Co., Ltd.
* This biography or article is a copyright of Uzomedia TV, please refer-back to our blog if you wish to copy or pin back our articles.*
* For car insurance, Home Insurance, Insurance companies, Auto insurance Public liability insurance, Cheap Insurance, Loans,liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, small business insurance, Health and Fitness, Real Estate, Digital Marketing, Automobile and more visit our contact page.*