Citizen of a Kind (Korean: 시민덕희; RR: Simindeoghui; lit. Citizen Deokhee) is a 2023 South Korean crime comedy film directed by Park Young-ju, starring Ra Mi-ran, Gong Myung, Yeom Hye-ran, Park Byung-eun, Jang Yoon-ju, Lee Moo-saeng and Ahn Eun-jin. It is based on the true story of Kim Seong-ja, a laundromat owner in Hwaseong, Gyeonggi, who caught the head of a voice phishing organization in 2016. It was released on January 24, 2024.
Deok-hee (Ra Mi-ran) is looking for a loan due to a fire incident at her laundromat. One day, the bank calls and offers a generous upfront loan so she takes it right away. Deok-hee is shocked to realize later that she was the victim of a voice phishing scheme. Deok-hee lost all her money and ended up on the streets with her children. One day, the phisher who tricked her, Jae-min (Gong Myung), calls again to tip Deok-hee off about the criminal organization that locked him up. A case that even the police have given up on, Deok-hee flies directly to Qingdao with her co-workers, with the intention of rescuing Jae-min and finding the lost money.
- Ra Mi-ran as Kim Deok-hee, who lost tens of millions of won instantly due to a voice phishing message sent and set out to track down the person in charge.
- Gong Myung as Kwon Jae-min, a secret informant who informs Deok-hee about the voice phishing organization .
- Yeom Hye-ran as Bong-rim, Deok-hee’s co-worker and friend who is quick-witted and helps her both materially and spiritually. She is of Korean-Chinese descent.
- Park Byung-eun as Park Hyeong-sik, an intelligence team detective who is one step behind Deok-hee in both investigation and arrest.
- Jang Yoon-ju as Sook-ja, a character who shows an unstoppable drive just like Deok-hee, and strongly supports her in tracking down the voice phishing leader.
- Lee Moo-saeng as Oh Myung-hwan, the head of a Chinese voice phishing organization that controls hundreds of billions of dollars.
- Ahn Eun-jin as Ae-rim, Bong-rim ‘s younger sister who lives in Qingdao.
- Lee Joo-seung as Kyeong-cheol, a member of the voice phishing organization who is contemplating whether to escape or stay at the voice phishing company he applied for, thinking it was a high-paying part-time job.
- Sung Hyuk as Dae-woo, a member of the voice phishing organization.
- Kim Yool-ho as Detective Kim, an intelligence team detective who, along with Detective Park, tracks down voice phishing organizations.
- Seo Ji-hoo as Detective Shin, a junior detective on Detective Park ‘s intelligence team.
Principal photography began in September 2020 and ended in December 2020.
As of February 4, 2024, Citizen of a Kind has grossed $5.8 million with a running total of 837,959 tickets sold.
* This biography or article is a copyright of Uzomedia TV, please refer-back to our blog if you wish to copy or pin back our articles.*
* For car insurance, Home Insurance, Insurance companies, Auto insurance Public liability insurance, Cheap Insurance, Loans,liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, small business insurance, Health and Fitness, Real Estate, Digital Marketing, Automobile and more visit our contact page.*