ITF Mobile is a Nigerian mobile phone manufacturer based in Lagos State, Nigeria. It was established in 2021. ITF Mobile has focused its business on the Nigerian markets for now.
The Nigerian government has launched the first made-in-Nigeria cell phone as President Muhammadu Buhari was presented with the indigenous phone, known as ITF Mobile.
The Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Adeniyi Adebayo, presented the phone to the president before the commencement of the June 2021 Federal Executive Council meeting in Abuja.
According to Mr Adebayo, the phone is one of the 12 cell phones produced, using locally sourced components by the electrical/electronics technology department of the Industrial Training Fund’s (ITF) Model Skills Training Centre.
He said, “12 indigenous mobile cell phones produced by the Model Skills Training Centre of the Industrial Training Fund, an agency under Ministry of Industry Trade and Investment, were launched.
“It gives me great pleasure Mr President, to present you with one of the phones.”
What Is ITF Mobile?
- The phone is an Android phone produced by the Electrical/Electronics Technology Department of the Industrial Training Fund’s (ITF) Model Skills Training Center in Abuja.
- The Mobile phone is made from components 100% locally sourced from Lagos and Aba, Abia State.
- The phone is being readied for mass production.
- The First Made In Nigeria Phone is one of the 12 cell phones produced in Nigeria.
- The model skill training centre collaborated with the Institute of Technical Education and Services, Singapore. The institute also collaborated with ITF in five trade areas: computer networking, mechatronics and autotrophs, ICT, facility management, and culinary.
Meaning Of ITF Mobile
ITF Mobile in Nigeria means “Industrial Training Fund”.
ITF Mobile And The Nigeria Market
The Director-General of the Industrial Training Fund, Joseph Ari said that plans are at an advanced stage to ensure commencement of the mass production of its smartphone, making it available and affordable.
The DG, who spoke after the formal presentation of the ITF Mobile Android GSM smartphone to President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, said that the move will expand the GSM phone market and create more jobs in the process.
In a statement signed by the Director, Public Affairs Department, Mr Suleyol Chagu, the DG said the ITF mobile phone, which was comparable in quality to any other brand of Android Phone in the world, was assembled by the ITF Model Skills Training Centre (MSTC), Abuja.
Ari said, “The ITF Mobile Phone was produced with 100 percent locally sourced material. And for me, this breakthrough is proof that given the enabling environment and opportunities, Nigerians will unleash their creative potentials.
“In terms of quality and performance, our phone is comparable or even superior to most Android phones currently in our markets.
* This biography or article is a copyright of Uzomedia TV, please refer-back to our blog if you wish to copy or pin back our articles.*