The Pot-au-Feu (French: La Passion de Dodin Bouffant, lit. ’The Passion of Dodin Bouffant’), released in the United States as The Taste of Things, is a 2023 French historical romantic drama film written and directed by Trần Anh Hùng starring Juliette Binoche and Benoît Magimel. Set in 1885, the film depicts a romance between a cook and the gourmet she works for. The character of the gourmet is based on Dodin-Bouffant created by Marcel Rouff in his novel La Vie et la passion de Dodin-Bouffant, gourmet (The Passionate Epicure).
The film premiered on 24 May 2023 at the 76th Cannes Film Festival, and was selected to compete for the Palme d’Or in its main competition section, where Tran Anh Hung won the Best Director award. It is scheduled to be released in France on 8 November 2023. The film was chosen as the French entry for Best International Feature Film at the 96th Academy Awards.
France in 1885: Eugénie worked as a chef for the famous restaurant owner Dodin for 20 years. She is considered excellent in her field. Over the years, because Eugénie and Dodin spent a lot of time in the kitchen together, feelings arose between them. Their shared love of food has created unique, delicious and exquisite dishes that are second to none and attract many diners from all over the world. However, freedom-loving Eugénie never wanted to marry Dodin. Then, Dodin decided to cook for his beloved for the first time.
- Juliette Binoche as Eugénie
- Benoît Magimel as Dodin Bouffant
- Emmanuel Salinger as Rabaz
- Patrick d’Assumçao as Grimaud
- Galatea Bellugi as Violette
- Jan Hammenecker as Magot
- Frédéric Fisbach as Beaubois
- Bonnie Chagneau-Ravoire as Pauline
- Jean-Marc Roulot as Augustin
- Yannik Landrein as Pauline’s father
- Sarah Adler as Pauline’s mother
The film was being shot in a castle in Segré-en-Anjou Bleu, Maine-et-Loire, in April and May 2022. French chef Pierre Gagnaire served as culinary director while also appearing in the film in the small role of a chef.
The Pot-au-Feu was selected to compete for the Palme d’Or at the 2023 Cannes Film Festival, where it had its world premiere on 24 May 2023. It was also invited at the 28th Busan International Film Festival in ‘Icon’ section and will be screened in October 2023.
The film is scheduled to be theatrically released in France by Gaumont on 8 November 2023.
Want to download The Pot-au-Feu “La Passion de Dodin Bouffant, lit” 2023 film in HD Mp4, Avi, Mkv, Cinema, 720p, 480p, 1080p, Blu-Ray, 3gp, Torrent magnet, watch online? See below;
CAN I DOWNLOAD?: To know if you can download this movie, please click here.
* This biography or article is a copyright of Uzomedia TV, please refer-back to our blog if you wish to copy or pin back our articles.*
* For car insurance, Home Insurance, Insurance companies, Auto insurance Public liability insurance, Cheap Insurance, Loans,liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, small business insurance, Health and Fitness, Real Estate, Digital Marketing, Automobile and more visit our contact page.*