The New Look is a 2024 American biographical drama television series created by Todd A. Kessler for Apple TV+. A second season is in development.
The series depicts Christian Dior in Paris after World War II when he created his fashion line that unofficially got named New Look.
- Ben Mendelsohn as Christian Dior
- Juliette Binoche as Coco Chanel
- Maisie Williams as Catherine Dior
- John Malkovich as Lucien Lelong
- Emily Mortimer as Eva Colozzi
- Claes Bang as Hans Von Dincklage
- Hugo Becker as Hervé
- Alexis Loizon as Jean Marais
- Thomas Poitevin as Pierre Balmain
- Zabou Breitman as Madame Zehnacker
- Jodie Ruth-Forest as seamstress Jodie
- Yahli Cohen as young Christian Dior
- Glenn Close as Carmel Snow
- Nuno Lopes as Cristóbal Balenciaga
It was announced in February 2022 that Apple TV+ had greenlit the project, which has the potential to become an anthology series. Todd A. Kessler was set to write, direct and executive produce, with Ben Mendelsohn and Juliette Binoche starring. In May, Maisie Williams would join the cast, with John Malkovich, Emily Mortimer, and Claes Bang added in June.
Filming for the first season began by May 2022 in Paris.
The second season was set to begin filming in November 2023 before the 2023 SAG-AFTRA strike.
In November 2023, it was announced that Jack Antonoff would produce the soundtrack for The New Look, which consists of covers of popular songs from the early and mid-20th century. Scheduled to be released on April 3, 2024, the soundtrack album for the first season comprises 10 songs and will be the first release by Antonoff’s Shadow of the City record label, under Dirty Hit. Florence and the Machine’s cover of “The White Cliffs of Dover” was released as the first single on January 31, 2024. The second single, a cover of “Now Is the Hour” by the 1975 was released on February 7, 2024.
The series is set to be released with the first three episodes on February 14, 2024, followed by one episode every Wednesday through April 3.
* This biography or article is a copyright of Uzomedia TV, please refer-back to our blog if you wish to copy or pin back our articles.*
* For car insurance, Home Insurance, Insurance companies, Auto insurance Public liability insurance, Cheap Insurance, Loans,liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, small business insurance, Health and Fitness, Real Estate, Digital Marketing, Automobile and more visit our contact page.*