The Blue Star (Spanish: La estrella azul) is a 2023 Spanish-Argentine drama film directed by Javier Macipe (in his directorial debut feature) inspired by the life of Aragonese musician Mauricio Aznar which stars Pepe Lorente.
Set in the 1990s, the plot follows the plight of Spanish rocker Mauricio, who leaves his band Más Birras and wanders around Latin America seeking to rediscover his musical vocation. He becomes acquainted with folk genres such as the chacarera in Santiago del Estero, and teams up with old musician Don Carlos [es].
- Pepe Lorente as Mauricio Aznar
- Bruna Cusí as Ana
- Catalina Sopelana as Mara
- Cuti Carabajal [es] as Carlos Carabajal [es]
- Mariela Carabajal as Andrea
- Noelia Verenice Díaz as Florcita
The film is a Spanish-Argentine co-production by MOD Producciones, El Pez Amarillo and Cimarrón, alongside La Charito Films and Prisma. Filming began in 2020 in Zaragoza. It was interrupted in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. It resumed in Argentina in late 2022, shooting in locations such as Santiago del Estero.
The film was selected for the ‘New Directors’ section of the 71st San Sebastián International Film Festival, premiering on 25 September 2023. It also screened at the Mar del Plata International Film Festival in November 2023. It is scheduled to be released theatrically in Spain on 23 February 2024.
* This biography or article is a copyright of Uzomedia TV, please refer-back to our blog if you wish to copy or pin back our articles.*
* For car insurance, Home Insurance, Insurance companies, Auto insurance Public liability insurance, Cheap Insurance, Loans,liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, small business insurance, Health and Fitness, Real Estate, Digital Marketing, Automobile and more visit our contact page.*