Rock Paper Scissors is a 2024 American animated comedy television series created by Kyle Stegina and Josh Lehrman for Nickelodeon. It is set to premiere on February 12, 2024, with a sneak peek airing after the network’s alternate broadcast of Super Bowl LVIII.
Aspiring fashion model Rock, inventor Paper, and ladies’ man Scissors go on all sorts of wild adventures together.
After graduating from the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television in 2008, Josh Lehrman worked on Family Guy, Brickleberry, and Robot Chicken. During these gigs, Lehrman tried to come up with his own show ideas. Thankfully, he and his writing partner Kyle Stegina would soon receive professional help with their ideas. Lehrman and Stegina’s managers submitted applications to the Disney Channel’s Storytellers program in 2014, and their applications were accepted.
During the Storytellers program, Lehrman and Stegina developed what would later become their three-season Disney series Bizaardvark. After the show ended in 2019, Lehrman discovered an opportunity at the competing channel Nickelodeon: the Intergalactic Shorts program. The program was “searching for new and diverse creators from across the globe, focusing on new voices and nurturing their vision for original comedy-driven content with an eye toward representation.” Lehrman paired up with Stegina once again to pitch Rock, Paper, Scissors as part of the program.
“We knew we were onto something special with creators Kyle Stegina and Josh Lehrman and their hilarious characters in Rock, Paper, Scissors, which we are so proud to bring to series,” said Nickelodeon Animation head Ramsey Naito. “Finding and growing talent through the process of pitch to hit is what powers our Intergalactic Shorts program, and we can’t wait to get started finding the next great creator in animation through our program’s just-launched second phase.”
The full pilot episode was released on August 19, 2023 on the Nicktoons YouTube channel, and an exclusive preview of the pilot was introduced at the NFL Nickmas game on December 25, 2023.
- Rock (voiced by Ron Funches)
- Paper (voiced by Thomas Lennon)
- Scissors (voiced by Carlos Alazraqui)
- Pencil (voiced by Melissa Villaseñor)
- Lou (voiced by Eddie Pepitone)
* This biography or article is a copyright of Uzomedia TV, please refer-back to our blog if you wish to copy or pin back our articles.*
* For car insurance, Home Insurance, Insurance companies, Auto insurance Public liability insurance, Cheap Insurance, Loans,liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, small business insurance, Health and Fitness, Real Estate, Digital Marketing, Automobile and more visit our contact page.*