Rebel Moon (marketed as Rebel Moon – Part One: A Child of Fire) is a 2023 American epic space opera film directed by Zack Snyder from a screenplay he co-wrote with Kurt Johnstad and Shay Hatten, based on a story Snyder also created. The film features an ensemble cast that includes Sofia Boutella, Charlie Hunnam, Michiel Huisman, Djimon Hounsou, Doona Bae, Ray Fisher, Cleopatra Coleman, Jena Malone, Fra Fee, Ed Skrein, and Anthony Hopkins.
Rebel Moon is scheduled to be released on December 22, 2023, by Netflix, with a limited theatrical release being planned. A follow-up, Rebel Moon – Part Two: The Scargiver, is set for release on April 19, 2024.
In a universe controlled by the corrupt government of the Mother World, the moon of Veldt is threatened by the forces of the Imperium, the army of the Mother World controlled by Regent Balisarius. Kora, a former member of the Imperium who seeks redemption for her past in the leadership of the oppressive government, tasks herself to recruit warriors from across the galaxy to make a stand against the Mother World’s forces before they return to the planet.
- Sofia Boutella as Kora, a former member of the Imperium who rallies warriors from across the galaxy to fight against the Imperium.
- Djimon Hounsou as General Titus, former general of the Imperium recruited to lead the fight against the Imperium.
- Charlie Hunnam as Kai, a mercenary starship pilot hired by Kora.
- Michiel Huisman as Gunnar, a farmer and friend of Kora who joins her.
- Staz Nair as Tarak, a former nobleman turned blacksmith with the ability to bond with animals of nature and rally them in combat who is recruited by Kora.
- Doona Bae as Nemesis, a cyborg swordmaster recruited by Kora.
- Ray Fisher as Darrian Bloodaxe, a warrior recruited by Kora.
- Cleopatra Coleman as Devra Bloodaxe, Darrian’s sister recruited by Kora.
- E. Duffy as Millius, a refugee warrior recruited by Kora.
- Anthony Hopkins as the voice of Jimmy, the last member of a race of mechanical knights that served under the fallen king, recruited by Kora
- Jena Malone as Harmada, a lethal spider warrior recruited by Kora.
- Ed Skrein as Admiral Atticus Noble, Balisarius’ right-hand man, a high-ranking enforcer of the Mother World and leader of the Imperium army.
- Fra Fee as Regent Balisarius, a tyrannical ruler of the Imperium and high-ranking member of the Mother World.
- Additionally, Stuart Martin, Corey Stoll, Cary Elwes, Alfonso Herrera, Rhian Rees, and Ray Porter, who acted out and recorded the film’s script for Snyder to listen to while preparing the day’s shoot, have been cast in undisclosed roles.
Rebel Moon is inspired by the works of Akira Kurosawa, the Star Wars films and Heavy Metal magazines. The film’s logo is a homage to the adult science fiction and fantasy anthology. The film also began development as a Star Wars film that Snyder had pitched to Lucasfilm shortly after the sale of Lucasfilm to The Walt Disney Company in 2012. This pitch was to be a more mature take on the Star Wars universe. Snyder also pitched the idea as both a video game and a movie to Warner Brothers a couple of times. Following the Lucasfilm acquisition, the project was redeveloped by producer Eric Newman and Snyder, first as an original television series, before settling on a film by Netflix.
On November 2, 2021, it was announced that Sofia Boutella had been cast in the film, in the lead role. On February 9, 2022, Charlie Hunnam, Djimon Hounsou, Ray Fisher, Jena Malone, Staz Nair and Doona Bae joined the cast. Later that month, Stuart Martin and Rupert Friend joined the project. On April 8, 2022, Cary Elwes, Corey Stoll, Michiel Huisman and Alfonso Herrera joined the cast. On May 16, 2022, it was announced that Ed Skrein had replaced Friend as the film’s main antagonist due to scheduling conflicts, with Cleopatra Coleman, Fra Fee and Rhian Rees joining the project. On June 8, 2022, it was announced that Anthony Hopkins had joined the cast as the voice of Jimmy, an impossibly sentient JC1435 mechanized battle robot and one-time defender of the slain king.
Filming commenced as of April 19, 2022, with Snyder sharing the first images from the set on Twitter that day. Snyder also served as cinematographer. It ran until December 2, with 152 days of filming taking place in California, to tap into $83 million in qualified spending and tax incentives.
In August 22, 2023, Zack Snyder appeared at gamescom opening night to present the trailer of the film. The first trailer, which was also released online, revealed that the first and second parts of Rebel Moon would be subtitled Part One: A Child of Fire and Part Two: The Scargiver, respectively. They will both receive a PG-13 cut and an extended, R-rated cut.
In January 2023, Tom Holkenborg was revealed to be composing the score. Holkenborg has previously contributed to the score for the Snyder-directed Man of Steel (2013) and scored Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), Zack Snyder’s Justice League (2021) and Army of the Dead (2021), and the Snyder-produced 300: Rise of an Empire (2014).
The film is expected to be released on Netflix on December 22, 2023. Snyder revealed that the film will have an extended R-rating cut, in addition to its original cut.
Searching on how to download Rebel Moon 2023 film in HD Mp4, Avi, Mkv, Cinema, 720p, 480p, 1080p, Blu-Ray, 3gp, Torrent magnet, watch online? See below;
CAN I DOWNLOAD?: To know if you can download this movie, please click here.
* This biography or article is a copyright of Uzomedia TV, please refer-back to our blog if you wish to copy or pin back our articles.*
* For car insurance, Home Insurance, Insurance companies, Auto insurance Public liability insurance, Cheap Insurance, Loans,liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, small business insurance, Health and Fitness, Real Estate, Digital Marketing, Automobile and more visit our contact page.*