Mujib: The Making of a Nation is a 2023 Indian-Bangladeshi co-produced biographical film directed by Shyam Benegal. It stars Arifin Shuvoo as Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the first president of Bangladesh and father of the nation, popularly known as Bangabandhu (lit. ’friend of Bengal’), who was assassinated with his family during coup d’état in 1975. This is the first government produced biopic about him.
The film was produced on the occasion of Mujib Year. Arifin Shuvoo, Nusrat Imrose Tisha and Zayed Khan has taken only ৳1[a] as remuneration for acting in this film. The film was scheduled to start production on 18 March 2020, a day after Bangabandhu’s birth centenary. But it was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Shyam Benegal said that he was happy to direct the film and praised Bangabandhu who was a friend of India. Commenting on the film, Bangabandhu’s daughter, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, was optimistic about the film. Directed by Shyam Benegal, the film will be accepted as a milestone in the Bangladeshi cinema history, she said positively.
Its art director is Nitish Roy. Pia Benegal is responsible for costume of the film as costume director. Dayal Nihalani is the associate Director. Its screenplay was done by Atul Tiwari and Shama Zaidi. Its executive producer is Nujhat Yasmin. Its line producer is Mohammad Hossain Jaimy. Its dialogue writer, script supervisor, and dialogue coach is Sadhana Ahmed. Its casting director is Shyam Rawat and Baharuddin Khelon.
- Arifin Shuvoo as Sheikh Mujibur Rahman (a.k.a. Bangabandhu)
- Dibya Joyti as younger Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
- Nusrat Imrose Tisha as Renu (Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib)
- Prarthana Fardin Dighi as younger Renu
- Jannatul Sumaiya Heme as Sheikh Hasina
- Nusraat Faria as younger Sheikh Hasina
- Wania Zarin Anvita as Sheikh Hasina, between the ages of 8 and 12 years.
- Shahidul Alam Sachchu as A. K. Fazlul Huq
- Fazlur Rahman Babu as Khondaker Mostaq Ahmad
- Raisul Islam Asad as Abdul Hamid Khan Bhashani
- Riaz as Tajuddin Ahmad
- Gazi Rakayet as Abdul Hamid, Renu’s grandfather
- Abeer Soofi as Major Ashok Tara (a war hero)
- Tushar Khan as Manik Mia
- Shatabdi Wadud as a Pakistani Army officer
- Khairul Alam Sabuj as the father of Bangabandhu, Sheikh Lutfar Rahman 65–94 years.
- Chanchal Chowdhury as Sheikh Lutfar Rahman between the ages of 45 and 65 years
- Dilara Zaman as the mother of Bangabandhu, Sayera Khatun
- Sangeeta Chowdhury as younger Sayera Khatun
- Tauquir Ahmed as Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy
- Sayem Samad as Syed Nazrul Islam
- Somu Chowdhury as Qamaruzzaman
- Khalilur Rahman Quadri as Mansur Ali
- Khondaker Hafiz as General MAG Osmani
- Misha Sawdagor as General Ayub Khan
- Sabila Nur as Sheikh Rehana
- Samanta Rahman as younger Sheikh Rehana
- Somnath Chatterjee as Sheikh Kamal
- Ishrak Turjo as younger Sheikh Kamal between the ages of 8 and 12 years.
- Touhid as younger Sheikh Kamal under the age of 5.
- Sharif Siraj as Sheikh Jamal
- Rokeya Prachy as an old lady
- Siam Ahmed as Shamsul Huq
- Azizul Hakim as Abdur Rab Serniabat
- Abul Kalam Azad as a jail guard
- Naziba Bashar as Sultana Kamal
- Zayed Khan as General Tikka Khan
- Irfan Sajjad as Moazzem Hossain
- Ashiul Islam as Mohiuddin Ahmed
- Elina Shammi as Khaleda Zia
- Nairuj Sifat as Parveen Jamal Rosy
- Sabbir Hossain as Tofail Ahmed
- Mostafizur Nur Imam as Sheikh Fazlul Haque Mani
- Masood Akhtar as a resident of Tungipara
- Jaffna Subaita Hasan as a member of Mujib’s family
On 19 May 2022, the trailer for the film was shown at the pavilion reserved for India in Cannes Film Festival. Viewers in the pavilion praised the film.
This Bengali film is planned to be published in English and Hindi. Its original release date was 17 March 2020. Then keeping the day and month fixed, the year of its release is set back by 1 year and 2 years respectively, but was later postponed. On May 3, 2022, it was forecasted by National Film Development Corporation of India that the film would be released in September of the same year, but postponed due to the trailer controversy.
In September 6, during Sheikh Hasina’s four-day state visit to India, Arindam Bagchi, the spokesperson of Indian Ministry of External Affairs, said that the film’s release date has not been set but he expects it to be released by the end of 2022. On 31 July 2023, Bangladesh Film Censor Board gave uncut censor certificate to the film. On 20 September 2023, Hasan Mahmud said that the government is planning to release the film in the month of October in the country.
The film was screened in the commercial section of the 2023 Toronto International Film Festival in 13 September.
How to download Mujib: The Making of a Nation 2023 film in HD Mp4, Avi, Mkv, Cinema, 720p, 480p, 1080p, Blu-Ray, 3gp, Torrent magnet, watch online? See below;
CAN I DOWNLOAD?: To know if you can download this movie, please click here.
* This biography or article is a copyright of Uzomedia TV, please refer-back to our blog if you wish to copy or pin back our articles.*
* For car insurance, Home Insurance, Insurance companies, Auto insurance Public liability insurance, Cheap Insurance, Loans,liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, small business insurance, Health and Fitness, Real Estate, Digital Marketing, Automobile and more visit our contact page.*