Mean Girls is a 2024 American musical comedy film directed by Arturo Perez Jr. and Samantha Jayne in their feature film directorial debut, from a screenplay by Tina Fey. It is based on the Broadway musical of the same name, which in turn was based on Mark Waters’s 2004 comedy film, both written by Fey. It features an ensemble cast including Angourie Rice, Auliʻi Cravalho, Reneé Rapp, Jaquel Spivey, Avantika Vandanapu, Bebe Wood, Christopher Briney, Jenna Fischer, and Busy Philipps. Fey and Tim Meadows reprise their roles from the original film.
Paramount Players announced the film’s development in January 2020, with Tina Fey returning to write the screenplay. Fey also serves as a producer alongside Lorne Michaels, who produced the 2004 film. Casting began in December 2022. Filming took place in New Jersey between March and April 2023. Composer Jeff Richmond and lyricist Nell Benjamin returned to rework their songs from the Broadway musical, while Richmond also composed the film’s score. Mean Girls is scheduled to be released in the United States by Paramount Pictures on January 12, 2024.
- Angourie Rice as Cady Heron
- Reneé Rapp as Regina George
- Auliʻi Cravalho as Janis ‘Imi’ike
- Jaquel Spivey as Damian Hubbard
- Bebe Wood as Gretchen Wieners
- Avantika Vandanapu as Karen Shetty
- Christopher Briney as Aaron Samuels
- Tina Fey as Ms. Norbury
- Tim Meadows as Principal Duvall
- Jenna Fischer as Ms. Heron
- Busy Philipps as Mrs. George
- Mahi Alam as Kevin Ganatra
- Connor Ratliff as Mr. Rapp
- Jon Hamm as Coach Carr
- Ashley Park as Madame Park
In January 2020, Tina Fey announced that a film adaptation of the musical Mean Girls was in development. The musical itself is an adaptation of the 2004 film of the same name. In May 2021, Fey suggested to Variety that the cast members from the musical would likely not reprise their roles. In September 2021, Arturo Perez Jr. and Samantha Jayne signed on to direct. The film was produced by Paramount Players, Broadway Video and Little Stranger.
In December 2022, Angourie Rice, Reneé Rapp, Auliʻi Cravalho, and Jaquel Spivey were cast in the roles of Cady, Regina, Janis, and Damian, respectively; Rapp previously portrayed Regina in the Broadway musical from 2019 until its closure in 2020. In February 2023, it was reported that the roles of Aaron, Gretchen, and Karen would be played by Christopher Briney, Bebe Wood, and Avantika Vandanapu, respectively. Fey and Tim Meadows would reprise their roles from the film as Ms. Norbury and Principal Duvall, respectively.
In February 2023, Jenna Fischer joined the cast as Ms. Heron, Cady Heron’s mom. Busy Philipps portrays Mrs. George, Regina’s mother. Additionally, Ashley Park, who played Gretchen in the original Broadway production, is set to make a cameo in the film. Mahi Alam, Connor Ratliff, and Jon Hamm joined in March as Kevin Gnapoor, Mr. Rapp, and Coach Carr, respectively.
Principal photography took place in Middletown Township, New Jersey from March to April 2023.
Jeff Richmond returned to compose the score for the film adaptation, with lyrics by Nell Benjamin.
Mean Girls is set to be released in theaters on January 12, 2024 by Paramount Pictures after previously being set for an exclusive streaming release on Paramount+.
* This biography or article is a copyright of Uzomedia TV, please refer-back to our blog if you wish to copy or pin back our articles.*
* For car insurance, Home Insurance, Insurance companies, Auto insurance Public liability insurance, Cheap Insurance, Loans,liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, small business insurance, Health and Fitness, Real Estate, Digital Marketing, Automobile and more visit our contact page.*