Kamthaan (lit. ’Chaos’) is an Indian Gujarati crime comedy film directed by Dhrunad Kamle and produced by Abhishek Shah and others. It is written by Kamle, Shah and Jaswant Parmar with additional screenplay by Biren Kothari and Urvish Kothari. It stars Hitu Kanodia, Sanjay Goradia, Arvind Vaidya, Darshan Jariwala in lead roles as well as a large number of actors in supporting roles. It was released on 2 February 2024.
A thief does a robbery in a house of recently promoted police officer. The thief and his head tries to hide the stolen item while the police which tries to recover the item and arrest them. The chase results in a chaos.
Hitu Kanodia as Police Inspector S. R. Rathod
Darshan Jariwala as Prabhusinh, a police head constable
Sanjay Goradia as Raghabhai Dahyabhai
Arvind Vaidya as Chhanalal Koyo
Deep Viadya as Tribhuvan Pandya, a Police Constable
Krunal Pandit as Jayanti Jagrut, a journalist of Sinh Garjana
Tejal Panchasara as Champa Champaneri, a social activist
- Shilpa Rathod as Panni Foi
- Kamlesh Parmar
- Jassi Gadhvi as mother of Panna Foi
- Kamal Parmar as a tea seller
- Hemin Trivedi as Kenio, a banana seller
- Jay Vithlani as Dr. M. D. Desai, a doctor
- Kiran Joshi as Bhogilal Patel, a police officer
- Tushar Dave as MLA Makuji, a politician
- Pankaj Soni as Pappu
- Pralay Raval as Uko Chitabhai
- Mehul Barot as Dhulo
- Prashant Makwana as Dhamo Ricksawwalo
- Ansu Joshi as Gala Bechar
The film was adapted from a novella by Gujarati writer Ashwini Bhatt published in 2001. It is directed by debut director Dhrunad Kamle and produced by Abhishek Shah who previously produced Hellaro (2019). The screenplay written by Dhrunad, Abhishek Shah and Jaswant Parmar. The film is based in Charotar region of Gujarat and depicts it culture, clothings and dialect thus it was shot in Vaso near Nadiad. The film is based in the time period when the novella was written.
Mehul Surti told that he researched a small-town music as it was 23 years ago when the novella was written. He used local “band baaja” instruments and Indian banjo in songs and background music. “Parsang” is played during an engagement scene in the film while two other songs are used as background score. Actor Maulik Nayak debuted as a playback singer.
Marketing and release date
The film title was announced on 6 November 2023. On 18 December 2023, the first poster of the film was released. The teaser was released on 4 January 2024. The trailer was released on 19 January 2024. The film was released on 2 February 2024.
Kanksha Vasavada writing for The Times of India rated it 4 out of 5. She praised the direction, script, music, screenplay and performances. Nirali Kalani of Mid-Day Gujarati rated it 4 out of 5. She praised the performances of lead as well as supporting cast, direction, cinematography, soundtrack and dialogues but criticised the slow first half. She also noted it as a political and social satire.
* This biography or article is a copyright of Uzomedia TV, please refer-back to our blog if you wish to copy or pin back our articles.*
* For car insurance, Home Insurance, Insurance companies, Auto insurance Public liability insurance, Cheap Insurance, Loans,liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, small business insurance, Health and Fitness, Real Estate, Digital Marketing, Automobile and more visit our contact page.*