Hwang Chan-sung (Korean: 황찬성, born 11 February 1990) also known as Chansung, is a South Korean singer, songwriter, rapper and actor. He is a member of the Korean boy band 2PM. He made his debut as an actor in the 2006 comedy series Unstoppable High Kick, and since then has gone on to star in the Japanese drama Kaitō Royale (2011) and 7th Grade Civil Servant (2013).
Early Life and Career
Hwang was born in Seoul, South Korea, where he still resides. He was educated at Korean Arts High School and took an undergraduate program at Howon University (Gunsan, South Korea) with his bandmates Junho and Wooyoung. In addition, along with Junho, he is continuing a master’s degree of cinematography at Sejong University.
Hwang was a television actor, having played roles in MBC’s 2006 comedy sitcom Unstoppable High Kick and then in KBS2’s 2008 teen drama Jungle Fish. The drama won a number of awards, including the Peabody Award. It was also during this time, in 2006, that he auditioned for, and was named, one of the dozen finalists (including his future bandmates Lee Junho and Taecyeon) to compete in the show “Superstar Survival”.
In 2008, he took part in Mnet’s Hot Blood Men which follows the extreme training of 13 trainees in order to become a member of the boy band One Day. One Day spawned two boy bands, 2AM and 2PM, of which the latter one Hwang became a member of. Six months after Hot Blood was aired on TV, 2PM debuted with their first single “10점 만점에 10점” (“10 Points out of 10 Points”) from their first EP Hottest Time of the Day, but it wasn’t until their second EP 2:00PM Time For Change which skyrocketed their success in the Korean music industry. As of 2017, the group has released six studio albums in Korea and four studio albums in Japan.
In 2011, Hwang making a cameo appearance in Dream High as Oh-sun’s imaginary boy (episode 12) and Japanese drama Kaitō Royale as Jack.
On January 23, 2013, Hwang had a supporting role in a spy romantic comedy series, 7th Grade Civil Servant as Gong Do-ha. The same year, Hwang takes on the role of a newbie gangster Hyeong-ju in Your Noir.
In 2015 he making a cameo appearance in Dream Knight episode 12.
In 2016, Hwang was cast in Romantic Comedy Drama My Horrible Boss as Nam Bong-gi, after two and a half years since the 2013 drama “Your Noir” and made another impressive cameo appearance in the SBS drama Dr. Romantic.
In 2017 he was casting for a special cameo appearance as Eun Bong Hee’s (Nam Ji Hyun) ex-boyfriend in SBS drama Suspicious Partner and he appeared in KBS2’s drama Queen for Seven Days as Seo No, the bodyguard and friend of Lee Yeok (Yeon Woo Jin). The same year, he made his official debut as a stage actor for the play ‘My Love, My Bride’ and musical “Altar Boyz” in Japan, Hwang played the role of the band’s leader Matthew.
In 2018 Hwang starred in TvN Drama What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim and he was given two awards after his work, Hallyu Star Award and Male Excellence Award at the 11th Korea Drama Awards. He then starred in promotional web series produced for Lotte Duty Free Shop, Secret Queen Makers in the first and second episodes.
In 2018 he making a cameo appearance in romantic comedy drama Touch Your Heart he played the role of a delivery man who catches the eye of timid lawyer Dan Moon Hee (Park Kyung Hye).
On February 7, 2020, Hwang starred Netflix series “My Holo Love”
In 2021, Hwang and Nichkhun made special cameo appearances in Vincenzo (TV series) to support their bandmate Ok Taec-yeon, who landed a role in the series.
On April 30, 2021 Hwang drama So I Married the Anti-fan premiered on Naver TV, with simultaneous broadcast through V Live and global platforms iQIYI, Viki and Amazon Prime Video in Japan The drama was originally filmed in 2018 and based on the 2010 novel So I Married The Anti Fan, which was made into a webtoon and also adapted into a Chinese film.
- Hwang enlisted in the Army for his mandatory military service on June 11, 2019, and was discharged on January 5, 2021.
- On June 1, 2012 JYP Entertainment announced through their official Twitter that Hwang will be opening a fitness center with his weight trainer, Hwang Mo. The fitness center is located in Nonhyun-dong (논현동), Seoul.
- Hwang speaks fluent Korean, intermediate Japanese, and basic English. He is also a trained martial artist, having achieved high levels in Taekwondo and Kumdo. Hwang revealed on Our Neighborhood Arts and Physical Education that he holds a 3rd degree black belt in Taekwondo.
Hwang Chan-sung is currently single and not yet married.
Hwang Chan-sung’s net worth as of 2021 is estimated at around $1.5 million (net worth estimated in 2021).
* This biography or article is a copyright of Uzomedia TV, please refer-back to our blog if you wish to copy or pin back our articles.*
* For car insurance, Home Insurance, Insurance companies, Auto insurance Public liability insurance, Cheap Insurance, Loans,liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, small business insurance, Health and Fitness, Real Estate, Digital Marketing, Automobile and more visit our contact page.*