Full River Red (Chinese: 满江红) is a 2023 historical comedy thriller film directed by Zhang Yimou, and stars Shen Teng and Jackson Yee, alongside Zhang Yi, Lei Jiayin, Wang Jiayi and Yue Yunpeng. It was released in theaters in China on January 22, 2023, the same day as the Chinese New Year Day. It is the seventh-highest-grossing film of 2023.
The film chronicles a mystery case set in the beginning era of Southern Song dynasty. It is set four years after Yue Fei’s death (around 1146). A mysterious murder occurs at Qin Hui’s residence when he meets delegates from the rival Jin Dynasty. A soldier and a commander become entangled in a large conspiracy as one of the Jin envoys perishes and a confidential letter is reported missing. Righteous vigilantes are responsible for the incident and want to kill a suspected traitor.
- Shen Teng as Zhang Da (张大), a recruited soldier without rank
- Jackson Yee as Sun Jun (孙均), the deputy commander of the guard battalion
- Zhang Yi as He Li (何立), the general manager of the grand chancellor bureau
- Lei Jiayin as Qin Hui, the grand chancellor
- Wang Jiayi (王佳怡) as Zither (Yao Qin 瑶琴), a dancing girl and Zhang Da’s love
- Yue Yunpeng as Wu Yichun (武义淳), the vice general manager of the grand chancellor bureau
- Pan Binlong (潘斌龙) as Ding Sanwang (丁三旺), a Song soldier who dies
- Yu Ailei (余皑磊) as Liu Xi (刘喜), a Song dynasty peasant who is stabbed to death by He Li’s mandate
- Guo Jingfei (郭京飞) as Wang Biao (王彪)
- Ou Hao as Zheng Wan (郑万), a Song soldier
- Wei Xiang (魏翔) as Hadeng (哈登), a Jin envoy who is killed
- Zhang Chi (张弛) as Chen Liang (陈亮), a Song soldier (left guard)
- Huang Yan (黄炎) as Hu Yong (胡永), a Song soldier (right guard) who is sentenced to death (beheading) as tribute to the Jin dynasty
- Xu Jingya (许静雅) as Lan Yu (蓝玉)
- Jiang Pengyu (蒋鹏宇) as Lüzhu (绿珠), a dancing girl
- Lin Boyang (林博洋) as Liu Yan (柳燕), a dancing girl who dies
- Fei Fan (飞凡) as Qingmei (青梅), a dancing girl
- Ren Sinuo (任思诺) as Yao Yatou (姚丫头), Liu Xi’s daughter
- Chen Yongsheng (陈永胜) as a Song soldier
- Zhang Yinan (张壹男) as Chen Xi (陈锡), Song dynasty secretary
Some characters (such as He Li) are based on the novel General Yue Fei, written by Qian Cai during the Qing dynasty. Some characters also share names with historical people from other time periods such as Lan Yu, a general who was executed by Zhu Yuanzhang during the early Ming dynasty, and Lüzhu, an ancient Chinese singer.
The title is from one of the most famous poems Man Jiang Hong attributed to Yue Fei. Yue Fei was a military general of the Southern Song Dynasty (1127–1279). He is a symbol of patriotism and loyalty to his country. However, Yue Fei was framed and executed by the Song emperor Zhao Gou along with Prime Minister Qin Hui. Although the poem is attributed to Yue Fei, there are theories that Yue Fei did not actually write it. Some even say that the poem was written in a different time period (e.g. after the Song dynasty), citing the fact that Helan mountains and Xiongnu are mentioned.
The poem Man Jiang Hong is recited during film by Qin Hui’s double in front of the Song army.
The film officially announced that the filming began on June 26, 2022. The filming took place in Taiyuan, Shanxi. It finished filming in August 2022.
The film released the first trailer on December 27, 2022. On the same day, it also announced that the film was scheduled for release on January 22, 2023. On December 29, 2022, the film released the list of full cast. On January 5, 2023, it released the character names of full cast.
CAN I DOWNLOAD?: To know if you can download this movie, please click here.
* This biography or article is a copyright of Uzomedia TV, please refer-back to our blog if you wish to copy or pin back our articles.*
* For car insurance, Home Insurance, Insurance companies, Auto insurance Public liability insurance, Cheap Insurance, Loans,liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, small business insurance, Health and Fitness, Real Estate, Digital Marketing, Automobile and more visit our contact page.*