Expats is a 2024 American drama television series created by Lulu Wang based on the 2016 novel The Expatriates by Janice Y. K. Lee that is set to premiere on Amazon Prime Video in January 26, 2024.
Expats follows “the vibrant lives of a close-knit expatriate community: where affluence is celebrated, friendships are intense but knowingly temporary, and personal lives, deaths and marriages are played out publicly—then retold with glee.”
- Nicole Kidman as Margaret
- Ji-young Yoo as Mercy
- Jack Huston as David Starr
- Sarayu Blue as Hilary Starr
- Brian Tee as Clarke
- Bonde Sham as Charly
- Flora Chan as Olive
- Ruby Ruiz as Essie
- Will Or
On February 7, 2017, it was reported that Blossom Films had optioned the screen rights to Janice Y.K. Lee’s novel The Expatriates with the intention of developing it into a television series. Alice Bell was attached to write the adaptation. Executive producers were expected to consist of Nicole Kidman, Per Saari, and Theresa Park with Lee set to serve as a consulting producer. Alongside Blossom Films, production companies involved with the production were slated to include POW! Productions. On July 28, 2018, it was announced that Amazon had given the production a series order. On January 11, 2019, it was announced that Melanie Marnich had joined Bell as co-showrunner and executive producer for the series. In December 2019, it was announced Lulu Wang would serve as an executive producer on the series, while also writing and directing multiple episodes. The series is scheduled to premiere on January 26, 2024.
Alongside the initial development announcement, it was reported that Nicole Kidman would star in the series. In May 2021, Ji-young Yoo was cast in the series. In June 2021, Jack Huston and Sarayu Blue joined the cast. In September 2021, Brian Tee joined the cast.
How to watch and download?
Expats is available for download and streaming on the Amazon Prime app and website.
* This biography or article is a copyright of Uzomedia TV, please refer-back to our blog if you wish to copy or pin back our articles.*
* For car insurance, Home Insurance, Insurance companies, Auto insurance Public liability insurance, Cheap Insurance, Loans,liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, small business insurance, Health and Fitness, Real Estate, Digital Marketing, Automobile and more visit our contact page.*