Lawal Michael Nasiru Bolaji (born 13 March 1992) popularly known as Nasboi is a Nigerian comedian, content creator, musician, and actor.
He is a native of Odo Otin Local Government in Osun State but was raised in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
He is famously known for mimicking music star, Davido. This earned him the moniker “low-budget OBO”. He is also known as “Nas or Nasiru the comedian.”
Lawal Michael Bolaji Nasiru struggled greatly as a musician to establish his music career, which produced no results after several years of hard work. He now jump into comedy and content creation.
Early life and career
Nasboi was born on 13th March 1992.
Nasboi hails from Osun state’s Odo Otin LGA. He began his comedy career by posting short skits on Instagram; he has played numerous roles, one of which being the “low-budget OBO”. As he is being described.
Nasboi attended Bright International Nursery and Shalom International Nursery and Primary School in Rivers State for his elementary education.
He then attended Istan Comprehensive High School and, later, Ogba Comprehensive High School for his secondary school education. Before heading to the University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom, where he bagged a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Nasiru several years of trying to make it with music, he couldn’t hit the stars with it.
He then delved into making short comedy skits using Instagram as his means of reaching his audiences.
Nasiru rose to prominence when he appeared in one of his videos impersonating music superstar Davido with his voice. The video went viral as social media influencers such as Tunde Ednut reposted the clip, and it became his doorway to stardom.
After attaining stardom, Nasboi has been consistent with his funny video clips. His engagements have since grown to reach larger audiences.
Awards and recognitions
- Nasboi has bagged numerous awards throughout his career, even as his career looks so promising with more awards to come.
- In 2021, he won the Revelation of the Year award at The Humour Awards (THA).
- In 2022, Nasboi was nominated as the Best Online Social Content Creator for the African Magic Video Choice Awards (AMVCA).
- He was also nominated for the GAGE award in 2022.
Parents and family
Nasboi parents are Mr and Mrs Bolaji.
Lawal Michael Nasiru Bolaji was born to a Yoruba father and Urhobo mother.
In July 2022, Skit maker Lawal Michael Nasiru aka Nasboi lost his only brother to the cold hands of death. The comedian announced the sudden death of his brother on his social media handles. Nasboi revealed that his only brother who passed away in 2022 was only 20 years old.
Not much is currently known if Nasboi has any other siblings.
Nasboi was born into a Christian family of Yoruba parents.
Nasboi is currently single and not in an open relationship for now.
Is Nasboi married?: No, Nasboi is at the moment not yet married.
Nasboi has an estimated net worth of around $500, 000 – $1 million.
* This biography or article is a copyright of Uzomedia TV, please refer-back to our blog if you wish to copy or pin back our articles.*
* For car insurance, Home Insurance, Insurance companies, Auto insurance Public liability insurance, Cheap Insurance, Loans,liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, small business insurance, Health and Fitness, Real Estate, Digital Marketing, Automobile and more visit our contact page.*