Gurlej Akhtar (born 11 May 1987) is an Indian-Punjabi playback singer, songwriter known for her work in the movies like Jawani Zindabaad (2010), Hashar (2008), and Guddiyan Patole (2019).
Early Life and Career
Gurlej Akhtar hails from Ludhiana, India. She completed her higher education from Punjabi University. There are a total
of seven members in her family. Gurlej Akhtar has one younger sister and three younger brothers. Their names are Jasmine Akhtar, Shahnaz Akhtar, Sahil Akhtar, and Dilshaad Akhtar. She is the eldest one in the family. Gurlej Akhtar is married to Kulwinder Kally.
After the death of her father, Gurlej Akhtar was responsible for her family’s well being. She took singing into a career choice only after her father died. Earlier, she used to perform at college and school functions. Gurlej Akhtar’s mother has been solid support during her initial days. During her struggle period, Gurlej Akhtar remembers the time when a few people didn’t support her even though they could. She has been through a lot of ups and downs during her struggle period. But Gurlej Akhtar has moved on and left the past behind.
After her debut with the song “Hasna tan Mera Ae Subha Mundea” Gurlej Akhtar got recognized in the Punjabi Music Industry. She went onto record over 600 songs. Gurlej Akhtar is now loved for her voice texture and superhit songs. She is thankful to almighty for all the blessings and her career.
Gurlej Akhtar started her career with song ‘Sharif Munda’ along with Sukhbir Sukhi when she was in 12th standard. She has given super hit songs to movies like Hashar, Jinhe Mera Dil Luteya, Carry On Jatta, Ardaas, Punjab Bolda and many more. Gurlej Akhtar has also sung songs like ‘Love Letter’,‘Fitteh Moo’ and ‘ Nai Shad Da’. Akhtar is also a versatile performer and is often invited to stage performances in Canada, Australia, and the US.
Facts about Gurlej Akhtar
- Gurlej Akhtar’s brother Shehnaz and Sahil were contestants in the Rising Star and are known as ‘Akhtar Brothers’
- After her father’s death, Gurlej Akhtar started to sing as a mean to support her family
- Gurlej Akhtar and her husband Kulwinder Kally met for the first time in a singing reality show
- Gurlej Akhtar is born and brought up in a Muslim family
- Gurlej Akhtar comes from a singer’s family and used to sing since her childhood
- She loves cooking
- Gurlej Akhtar has recorded over 600 songs
Husband and Children
Gurlej Akhtar is currently married to Kulwinder Kally.
Gurlej Akhtar and Kulwinder Kally were fond of each other since the very beginning. They both were fans of other and loved each other’s songs. Gurlej Akhtar liked Kulwinder Kally’s “Sohnea Je Tere Naal Dgga Main Kamaava” so much and used to listen to it on loop. Eventually, they became friends which turned into marriage.
Gurley Akhtar and Kulwinder Kally are now blessed with a son Daanveer Singh. The couple is settled abroad and continues to entertain us every now and then with amazing songs!
Gurlej Akhtar’s net worth as of 2021 is estimated at around $850, 000 (net worth estimated in 2021).
* This biography or article is a copyright of Uzomedia TV, please refer-back to our blog if you wish to copy or pin back our articles.*
* For car insurance, Home Insurance, Insurance companies, Auto insurance Public liability insurance, Cheap Insurance, Loans,liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, small business insurance, Health and Fitness, Real Estate, Digital Marketing, Automobile and more visit our contact page.*